You’ve likely heard about the Coronavirus (officially called “2019-Novel Coronavirus” or “COVID-19”) in the news. While the immediate health risk remains low to Americans and there isn’t a vaccine yet, there are still ways that you can help prevent the spread of this virus. As a Senior your risk might be higher than some of the younger folks in American.
A lot of prevention is using common sense. To prevent the spread of this illness or other illnesses, including the flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water,
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze,
- Stay home when you’re sick,
- See your doctor if you think you’re ill and
- If you have not GET YOUR FLU shot! It’s covered as preventing medicine by most plans. If not cover usually less than $15.00
Visit The Centers for Disease Control website for more information on the Coronavirus, including what you should know about symptoms, treatments, testing, and other frequently asked questions.